HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Martha Stewart Sundays: Valentine’s Crafternoon

      Every Sunday, I shall attempt to do something like Martha does, from baking to cleaning to (God help me) glittering pictures of your dog.

       For my first installment of Martha Stewart Sunday, I took her idea in the February 2011 Living magazine of a Valentine's Crafternoon. I invited a few girlfriends over for snacks and crafts. It was a blast, we sat around for a few hours in the afternoon happily cutting and glittering to our hearts' content. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon away from all the super bowl fanfare and instead create cards for our loved ones. Later this week, I will be breaking down everything I did for the party as far as food but here is a quick overview of the Crafternoon.

      I bought stickers, cardstock, tissue paper, scissors, glitter and glue plus more. I also asked the girls to bring over some crafting things; if they had anything to contribute (glitter hearts are not cheap). For food, I had the pie, candies, apple dips, brie bites and raspberry ginger ale with frozen cranberries.
Here's what the work table looked like:














 

5 comments:

  1. The apple toppings/dips is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, are those frozen cranberries in the drinks? What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous-Thanks, see my other post for how to.

    Darrah- Thanks dear!

    Margaret- They are! Good eye, my best friend had the great idea

    ~Blair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and think it's a great idea come visit us at www.bornandbread.blogspot.com we followed u, come follow us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!