HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Smart Shopping: Ikea

DSC04505

I love going to Ikea; for me, it’s a creative minefield. There are just so many pretty things to look at and see. Plus, you get free measuring tapes and pencils!  For the most part, the items tend to be quiet reasonable in price. Here are my tips to not get overwhelmed at Ikea:

1) Plan to spend about 2 to 3 hours there if you are just browsing for ideas.

2) Eat at the Restaurant. Seriously, its delicious and inexpensive. I recommend the veggie medallions.  Actually, I haven’t had a bad thing there yet!

3) Touch everything! Well, kind of. Go through all the displays and look around. Sit in the chairs. Check out the floor plans. Make lists on the sheets they give you.  Be amazed at how these people exist in such small spaces.

4) Check out some of the small things (like plates and such), they really are quiet cute and durable. They even have fabric!

5) The Swedish Market: it’s right after the cash register. It’s got some great stuff, including those veggie medallions and lignonberry jam. And of course,  Swedish fish!

Good luck! Do you have any tips for Ikea? Are you just as overwhelmed as me each time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!