I have to admit, after realizing how easy and yummy these homemade biscuits were, ones from the frozen aisle at the grocery store started to look bad. I knew I could make some on my own and thanks to pinterest, I had tons of ones to pick from. I finally decided on these, because it’s top with butter and garlic, yummy! These were quite the hit at dinner, I had over some friends and somehow we managed to eat all of them in one night. OOPS. Not only that, but they only take 45 minutes to rise, so you could make the dough. Let it rise, and start dinner. Then just pop them in the over a few minutes before you want to serve dinner, which is perfection for me.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Plus for the topping
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
1) Dissolve yeast in a bowl with sugar and warm water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes till it’s frothy/foamy
2) Mix flour, butter and salt in to the water mixture. Start to knead dough. (fyi, just cause it says four doesn’t mean you wont need more flour, you have to add it until it feels right. The dough should stick to itself.) Don’t over knead it, just enough so it’s doughy.
3) Then tear off pieces and make little breadsticks and place on a greased cookie sheet to rise for 45 minutes. Cover with a cloth and place in a warm area.
4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place breadsticks in heated oven.
5) Melt butter, garlic powder and salt together. Halfway through the bake time (about 6 or 7 minutes), pull breadsticks out and brush (or spoon) with garlic butter mixture.
6) Once breadsticks have finished cooking (12 to 15 minutes in total), take the breadsticks out of the oven and brush (or spoon) with the rest of the garlic butter mixture.
7) Eat them while they are hot and enjoy!
What’s your favorite type of dinner bread? Or do you just not discriminate like me?