HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Homemade Biscuits


     I love a good biscuit. There is nothing like the right out of the oven warmth and taste of a homemade one. Last week in the midst of studying for finals, I decided to give myself a break and figure out how to make them instead of just unrolling them from a Pillsbury container. Turns out they are quite easy to make and with a heart shaped cookie cutter, they looked good enough to eat!





Ingredients:
1 cup Milk
4 tbsp Butter
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp Milk (for glazing) *I prefer using sugar*

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 425 F degrees
2) Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Rub with butter until it resembles breadcrumbs *For me, I broke the butter into tiny pieces then rubbed into flour mixture, this was just weird to do* Stir in sugar.
3) Make a well in the center and pour in the milk. Stir with knife until soft dough forms.
4) Place mixture on a floured surface and lightly flatten dough until about 1 cm thick. DO NOT BE HEAVY HANDED. * I was the first time, making my biscuits quite hearty, just barely press the dough so you keep a lot of the air thickness in*
5) Use biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, to cut biscuits and place on baking sheet. Glaze with milk or sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.




Adopted from Grandma's Best Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!