I feel like chocolate chip cookies are one of those essential recipes, like a good chicken roast or biscuits. These cookies were made with love to send to my boyfriend because yes, I can be that cheesy! Anyways, these cookies were pretty easy to make and pretty yummy too. I might have eaten a few before I shipped them off ( I had to taste test them, obviously).
- 1 cup butter, softened (I zap it for 10 seconds
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (OPTIONAL unless you are me, who adds it to everything!)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet (or two if you have them)
2) Cream (which means mix with a stand or hand mixer) butter, and sugars. Then add one egg at a time. Then stir in the extracts. Next dissolve the baking soda in the hot water. Stir in and add the salt and flour. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips, and make sure the chips are distributed evenly.
3) Spoon the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet in medium sized globs. Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
What’s your favorite cookie recipe? Or are Chocolate Chip Cookies your favorite?