HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weekly Wonderings: June 6th, 2012

    This weekend is the Belmont Stakes, and while I am not the biggest horse race fan, this race should be interesting. After a quick wikipedia lesson on the Triple Crown Competition, I feel like I understand these races a bit better. A little background knowledge makes anything more enjoyable. For instance, did you know that only 11 horses have ever won the Triple Crown and the last one was in 1978? With I’ll Have Another going for the title, it should be an interesting 1.5 miles. Horses can only compete in their third year, so this is the only chance for it. Seriously, read the wikipedia page, and then go watch the race. Here’s some inspiration for a lovely derby party, you really want food that can be easily held in the excitement of those couple of minutes. All of these ideas are easy to carry in the excitement!

PIN 1

Pin 2

Pin 3

Pin 4

Pin 5

What are you doing for the derby? Anything special? Or just relaxing a home in a big hat like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!