HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Weekly Wonderings: June 20th, 2012

Yesterday, I went to a zoo. Lowry Park Zoo to be exact. I am not the biggest fan of zoos, because I hate animals in cages. So the idea of a huge park with lots of species in cages is not my cup of tea. Surprisingly, Lowry Park Zoo did not upset me too much. The animals seemed well taken care of and had room to play (the alligators were even fat!). Animal maltreatment irks me to no end.  I am famous in my house for once threatening to let the lobsters free in our salt water pool because I did not want to be an accessory to murder! Anyways, I thought I would share some fun photos from our trip! At the zoo, I got to ride a camel!!!! Did you know they can carry up to their body weight, which is about 1,800 lbs? I also fed that adorable giraffe, they have HUGE tongues! The tongue looped around my hand and grabbed the lettuce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!