HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

How to: Make your own projector

 
      I love canvas artwork but on a shoe string budget, its not really possible. Unless I buy some off my 10 year old brother, and even he is pretty expensive. So what is a girl to do? Improvise! I found this beautiful textile print off the internet. I loved it but it was about 4 by 5 inches, not nearly big enough to go over my bed, maybe big enough for my Barbie house (I kid, I kid). Anyways, I needed a way to blow it up without breaking the (piggy) bank. I could have taken it to the print shop and have them blow it up but that would have cost like 60 dollars, at least. 


    Instead, I took it to the print shop and had them enlarge it on regular paper, costing me $3 dollars. Then I went to Michael's, and using a 40% coupon bought a 28 by 30 canvas. I also used another to buy yet another paint pen, after first using them here, I've fallen in love with them. 



   

  Next, I jerry-rigged a projector. I cut out the pattern and used adhesive spray I had to adhere it to the back of the canvas. Then I took a lamp and shone it through the back. Working in small sections at a time, I traced the design. Then I would set it down and color in the pattern. I am not going to lie, it took me a fair amount of time, but luckily there was I Love You Man on. This DIYing has certainly increased my TV viewing that or I now have things to do while I watch TV.






     I do have to say I am very proud of the end product. Seriously. Now I just have to decide what colors to paint it! Any ideas?



3 comments:

  1. Waht a great idea! I made a projector-of-sorts a few months ago to do an enlargement. Check out the link here: http://greetingsfromtheasylum.blogspot.com/2011/04/snuggle-up-princess.html

    Have fun painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome DIY project! it turned out so great. i would paint it turquoise, it's my favorite decor color lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!