My father is one of the hardest people to shop for not only that but he just buys himself whatever he wants. So it is always an issue come holidays to find him gifts, June is the worst because it's Father's Day and his birthday. It's always a mad scramble to try to find him something. He's from the south at heart, thus his sweet tea must be hand brewed and BBQ is a staple of his diet. Not having a ton of money to drop on a father's day gift, I came across this great recipe for bbq sauce. The ratings were all great on Allrecipes.com and I will just leave it at: I was licking the spatula after pouring it.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 teaspoons hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Pour, pinch and scoop all ingredients into a pot on simmer at medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Pour into mason jar and decorate!
What are your plans for a father's day gift?