HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Super Savings!

So yesterday while frantically dashing in out of Goodwill's, trying to find a suitcase for a display, I found the perfect addition to my cookbooks. Well almost perfect, it's not the first run, but hey, it's pretty close.




That's right. Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I loved Julia Child, I have seen her kitchen in the Smithsonian, seen the movie, but have yet to read the book. (Don't kill me.) I could not believe my eyes that this book was at GOODWILL. It's a classic. Even if I don't use it regularly, it will look great displayed somewhere, it just screams to be shown to everyone!



And you may ask, what did I pay for this beauty of a cookbook?



That's right $3.99. You can't be that. Now I just need to find an equally pretty stand.



The moral of the story: Don't discount Goodwill. Ever. They sometimes have some fabulous finds and they won't ever break your bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!