It's summer time again, which means tons of fresh berries, but after a while strawberries and sugar loses its appeal, and I don't want all the calories from strawberry shortcake. Enter dried strawberries, an easy way to change up the normal routine without inviting tons of inches to my waistline and saving old strawberries from spoiling.
- Heat oven to 210 degrees or the lowest it will go to.
- Wash and quarter strawberries, removing the cap (leaves, for us simple folk)
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, then place the strawberries on it
- Bake for about 2 ½ to 3 hours, set a timer. (otherwise, you'll forget)
- Strawberries should be pretty stiff but still pliable.
Have you ever dried fruit?
P.S. Photos will be up as soon as my little brother gets home from camp and can show me where he hid it!