HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekly Wonderings: April 13th, 2011





Are the best things always french ? Or does that mantra only apply to food? Recently a friend picked me up a French dessert cookbook at sale and luckily for her, her birthday was the next week. Then this week was Lily (Of pretty pretty boards fame) birthday. Needless to say, my kitchen got a lot of use this past week. The French cookbook has been DELICIOUS so far, and not too hard to make. I have made Bavarian cream and a hazelnut cake with chocolate ganache and bourbon whipped cream filling (I also went to the gym a lot). Here are some pictures of my experiments. If you want, I can post the recipes. They are just a bit labor intensive. Here are my photos:










P.S. as an added bonus, I made this for Charlotte's concert this week. I always bring her flowers or such but I was feeling a bit Easter-y so I made her a peeps bouquet. You just stick peeps on straws (Be sure to press them down past the bendy part). I used twizzlers as fillers and I didn't have any jelly beans around so I had to use paper clips as fillers but you could really use anything for that. Sadly, I don't have a picture of it done right away since they got eaten pretty quickly! Anyways enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!