HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Handy House Tip #7: The Internet

        This post is for all of you who don’t understand how the internet works…. (hint hint Lottie).  A few weeks ago, Lottie called me when I was away because the internet was not cooperating with her. I told her to unplug the router… and all I heard was silence on the other end. So this is my basic lesson on the glories of your wireless router and cable box:

  1. Internet comes from your cable
  2. It is directed from either your wall outlet or from your cable box
  3. It is tend put into your modem, which then sends the internet to your wireless router
  4. The wireless router  then sends the signal out wirelessly to your devices

DSC01981

Hints:

If your wireless is not working, simply unplug the router for a few seconds.

If that doesn’t work, take a Cat-5 cable (you know an old fashioned internet cord) and plug into the modem to make sure the internet is working properly, if not restart the modem by unplugging it for 10 seconds.

 

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!