Fall is finally here, right? All the hubbaloo of Halloween has gone (not that I don’t love Halloween, but orange is not my best color), and temperatures are dropping. Though currently, it has dropped from 90 to 85, but I will take what I can get. Anyways, fall seemed like the perfect time to break out pies, but not just any pies. Mini pies. Because everything is better in miniature form, right? I am a sucker for mini anything, I saw mini eggplants the other day and almost died with excitement. But for the moment, I am content with my mini pies. Mini caramel pecan pies = love. Because no one can eat a whole pecan pie, but four minis, bring it on.
1 ready to roll piecrust
1/3 cup Caramel sundae topping
2 tbsp. milk
2 1/2 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup pecans (chopped/ diced)
1) Spray a mini muffin tray with non-stick spray (cause I’m paranoid). Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Use the top of a mason jar (or other circular glass or cookie cutter) to cut pie crust. Smush (yes, that is a word) the circles into the greased mini muffin pan. It will not be perfect. And your fingers will leave marks in the crust.
2) On the stove over medium heat, combine milk, butter and caramel topping until mixed and heated through.
3) In a heatproof bowl, mix sugar, egg and vanilla. Then add caramel mix. Once combined, add pecans.
4) Pour mixture into crusts until 2/3s full. Bake for 10-15 minutes.