HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pretty Pretty Bowls



  
     So because I haven't picked my modpodge recently, I decided to take this Pinterest Challenge. I know, I know, shame on me for not doing more with the modpodge, it is like not breathing in the crafty world. Anyways, after poking around on pinterest, I finally picked these. They looked pretty simple and cute! Perfect! Easy craft to do and tons of uses. And the fit perfectly with my pretty pretty series found here (plus here), some here and a little bit more there. (Oops, found another here).




For this project, you need:

Terracotta pots

Modpodge

Fabric

Embellishments (because I couldn't not add sparkles)


 Directions:
  1. Cut fabric to go around the pot, leaving extra room to fold over on the top. Then make slit (I did little over an inch between) around the top of the fabric
  2. Modpodge the top area of the bowl and use the slits to overlap the fabric so it stays flat against the pot. Do not worry about the bottom, just work on getting the top smooth.
  3. Next, modpodge the bottom and make slits, then do the same thing (overlapping) to keep the fabric flat. You may have to make pleats to make it look pretty.
  4. Modpodge over all the fabric.
  5. Add embellishments
  6. Admire!
    Easy way to cut a straight line: Fold Fabric!
Pretty simple right? To find the original tutorial, look here



P.S. I know Christmas is a while out but this fabric was just too good not to use!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Might have to find something to use this for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I did Christmas things, figured it might be a bit useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty indeed! They look great, ideal gifts. Not to soon to start thinking about Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!