HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to: Organize under the sink

 
      Ever have those days where you just can't concentrate till you get something else done? Yesterday was one of those days for me, I knew I had work to do yet I could not do it until I had bought a canvas for another project and organized my sink cabinet. Two projects that have no time constraints yet yesterday my brain decided they needed to be done then and there. 



     My under the sink cabinet has been a mess and last weekend when I had to get a band-aid out while my boyfriend was visiting and was desperately trying to hide the mess while barely opening the door so he would not see the disaster it was, I decided that was the last straw. I knew I had my new mission. So I did the first thing I always do when I have a new project idea. I went shopping!


  
It's not that exciting; I went to the Dollar Store. I bought a few things to help me with my disastrous cabinet situation. In my opinion everything looks more organized in a container. Seriously, put things a in a box and presto! Organized. Even if you just have a few bottles, try putting them on a tray, you will be amazed at the difference. Here were my finds at the Dollar Store. (In fact, I didn't end up using them all, but still at a dollar each, they were pretty cheap.


 

   

    One of the first things I noticed about my wreck of a cabinet was that I had a lot of bags, like makeup bags for traveling. I wanted some way to store them without using up precious floor space. I had these great hooks left over from another project so I took a drill and a hammer and attached them to the cabinet doors. Perfection! Also, one could use 3M hooks if you are worried about leaving holes. It frees up a ton of space. I hung up another bag off screws poking through from the toilet paper holder! Ha, I did not even have to attach a hook for that. 


   
     I organized the boxes by items, so I have the pail that holds all my first aid supplies. It has band aids, witch hazel, benzoyl peroxide, rubbing alcohol and calamine lotion. There is the big pink box that holds all my items I have extras of, like shampoo and face wash from past purchases. I have another basket that holds a bunch of guest toiletries and mini things for when I travel. Behind that there is a bag that I always keep ready with all my travel toiletries. It's one of the best things I've done, this way I can be ready on a moments notice to take a trip somewhere and I don't have to scramble wondering if I remembered to pack a toothbrush or shampoo. 




    Another good tip is to use a locker shelf to add more space to your cabinet, I store my seldom used (sadly) curlers beneath them. For me, I am quite lazy thus I have to keep the things I use most often in easy to reach and put back locations otherwise I will never put them in the right spot. 



 

Do you have any tips on organizing your bathroom sink cabinets?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!