HomeKatyRecipe CollectionHome

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Travel Diary: New Orleans

So I am in New Orleans. Actually I'm at the airport on my way home! I spent four lovely days here, learned a lot of new things, eat some of the best food, took a cooking class, and saw Paula Dean and John Cusack! I took a ghost tour ( which I highly recommend ) and saw alligators on a swamp tour. They feed them marshmallows! On sticks! The New Orleans Cooking School taught me how to make corn and crab bisque, shrimp creole, pralines, and bananas foster and gave me samples ( enough for a full lunch). Our ghost your guide told us "anything worth doing doing in New Orleans is worth doing with a cocktail" and he was right! I saw two plantation homes, walked all over French Quarter and had bananas foster from where it was created (Brennans). This was quiet the culinary tour! I highly recommend you try New Orleans for your next vacation, there is quiet something for everyone ( just not the faint of heart)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I promise to read each and every one!